Remote Control via BitTorrent Sync
by Annika Backstrom in Technology, on 28 January 2015. It is tagged #bittorrent and #bittorrent sync.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS for remotely initiating BitTorrent downloads using BitTorrent Sync. This lets you initiate torrent downloads on a host by dragging the torrent file to a folder on any other computer.
- Set up a BitTorrent Sync shared folder if you haven't done so already (instructions)
- Add a new folder to your share, e.g. torrent-remote-control.
- Configure your BitTorrent client to watch this folder for new .torrent files. (example)
- Optional: set the Downloads directory to another, non-sync'd folder if you don't want downloaded files copied to each BitTorrent Sync peer.
- Drag a torrent into the watch folder from another computer, watch the torrent download automagically start on the other computer.